- Mainly used for reduction of sludge volume
- Start by injecting polymer into the sludge feed, followed by mixing
- Solution would be exposed to low shear rotary mixer which result in floccule formation
- Treated solution is directed to rotating drum for further dewatering
- Sludge remains in the drum while the water phase passes through the filter cloth
- Thickened sludge rolls out at the end of the drum
- Separated water decants through the screens
The Rotating Drum Thickener (RDT) is capable of increasing the solids content in wastewater slurries & reducing overall sludge volumes. Volume reduction of up to 90% are achievable in preparation for disposal, or further dewatering processes.
Slurry enters the RDT, and is distributed across the entry zone of the horizontal drum which is constructed of a structural stainless steel frame covered in fabric filtration panels. As the drum rotates slurry cascades across the filter panels. Water drains through the panels resulting in a concentration of solids along the drum. A spiral flight within the drum moves the slurry along the drums length. Solids discharge by gravity from the end of the drum.
The drum operates continuously and automatically. The adjustable speed gear drive permits adjustment to the dewatering rate & process optimization by modifying the drum rotation speed. The simple, low maintenance design requires little supervision and produces consistent treatment results. A spray wash system cleans the filter panels on either an intermittent or continuous basis. The system is entirely enclosed containing odors & misting.
The RDT can be integrated into wastewater treatment systems to improve operating efficiencies of existing technologies. Some of the belt filter press is designed to mate with the RDT creating a complete dewatering package. The RDT and belt filter press combination can be configured to act as a complete wastewater treatment system eliminating the need for an upstream Clarifier of Dissolved Air Flotation unit in some applications.
- Poultry Processing
- Food & Beverage
- Pulp & Paper
- Industrial Wastewater
- Primary Sludge
- Waste Activated Sludge
- Industrial Slurry / Sludge